Monday, March 7, 2016

Personalized Door Hanger Signs for the kids


Good Morning!  I had to take a little break to deal with some family issues, but all is well now and I am back!
I originally bought these letter frames from a dollar auction site on Facebook and thought "I can do something with these!"  I just didn't know what for sure, so after having them around for awhile I finally figured it out!  I decided to make signs to hang on my kids' bedroom doors.

For my son, Blake, I used a file from Scrapping Bug Designs called "Blast off with my heart."  I chose this file because of the cute little aliens.  I'll tell you a little story behind this--he has a birthmark on his shoulder and we always told him it was an "Alien Mark" from when the alien's kidnapped him while he was sleeping, marked him and once he woke up and they realized how mischievious he was they hurried up and brought him back. Well...he remembers it and loves that story and tells everyone about his "Alien Mark!"

This is the BEFORE photo of the frame...


This is Blake's AFTER photo....



Of course I couldn't leave out my daughter Randi either....for hers I didn't use any paper piecings, instead I used some miscellaneous stuff I already had on hand (she helped pick it out too).  I think it will be a nice touch on their bedroom doors.


Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next week with something COMPLETELY NEW FROM ME!!!  It's something I have never made before and I can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment